African tree of gods. 10 facts about baobab
Mysterious giant helper trees in Africa, always seeing a great achievement. Learn amazing facts (ciekawostki) about baobabs
Surprising facts about baobabs
1) Baobabs grow in Northeast, Central and South Africa and Northwest Australia. They also grow in Madagascar, where 7 species of this tree.
2) Baobab leaves, depending on the type of tree, are 20-30 centimeters in size, brown-gray or gray-gold in color.
3) Every year from May to August, white flowers bloom on the baobab, the size of the achieved centimeters. They hang on individual peduncles.
4) Baobab flowers are pollinated by… bats. The smell of baobab flowers tempts the senses of bats. They fly over and sit on a few to drink the nectar from the flowers.
5) Some Africans themselves judge baobabs close to where they live.
Unusual facts about the African tree
6) The baobab trunk is quite soft. It consists of 20% water, which is why baobab is a water store. One baobab that collects even thousands of liters of water.
7) Baobab shoots can be eaten like asparagus. The young leaves of this tree taste like spinach.
8) Powdered baobab seeds can be drunk in regular coffee.
9) The largest baobab in the world is called Big Baobab. It grows on a farm in Modjadjiskloofm, South Africa. The age of this specimen is 6 thousand. pour.
10) This is an unusual comic book tree in Henryk Sienkiewicz’s novel “In Desert and Wilderness”. Then the story described there for feature films, made on the basis of this book. For some time, the baobab was the shelter and home of the main characters of the novel, Stas and Nel.
A lot of similar trivia on various topics in Polish can be found on the portals: Sadurski.com and SuperPolonia.info.